Installing hardwood flooring is an elegant and convenient way to increase the value of your Seattle home. However, it isn’t always within budget. Bamboo is a great alternative to the classic oak or maple flooring, but with a much smaller impact on your wallet. Here are five great benefits to bamboo that are worth considering:
- The Price: Simply put, high-quality bamboo is much cheaper than comparable woods.
It’s not uncommon to see bamboo running at half the cost of the traditional hardwoods.
- It’s Green: Well, it’s not literally green (at least, not on your floor), but it’s far more
friendly on the environment than other woods. Bamboo can be harvested in as little as
four year post-planting, whereas hardwoods can take decades from planting to
harvesting. Your bamboo floors will last far longer than it would take to grow a
- Versatility: Bamboo comes in a wide variety of stains and finishes, including cherry-red,
classic pine, or distressed. There’s a style of bamboo perfect for any room decor.
- Ease of Cleaning: With as little as one sweep or vacuum a week, plus a quick mop with
plain water and mild detergents, you can keep bamboo flooring looking like new for
- Installation Options: Bamboo isn’t just versatile in its coloring. It’s available in a huge
number of formats, widths, and thicknesses, and can be fitted with glue, nails and
screws, or even click-lock for particularly easy installation.
If you were considering your next home improvement project, bamboo flooring is a great next step. Its rising popularity means it’s easily available both online or in stores, and you’ll find a great array of use and style suggestions on home improvement blogs and social media. Not only will visitors love your choice in flooring, but your wallet will be thankful, too.
Metropolist Real Estate – Seattle